Ora Ora Gyaru (Highly Active Style) or Ora Ora Kei is a sub-style of Gyaru fashion. The style is a tougher style of gyaru that focuses on black clothes, and being rebellious. Ora Ora can be seen in magazines such as Soul Sister, and Soul Japan. It sometimes includes yakuza-styled tattoos, and high brand accessories. Ora Ora Kei is a continuation of yanki culture with the addition of Onii-kei gyaru styling.
- Black/dark clothing
- Caps are often worn
- Tracksuits, tees and hoodies are common staples
- Relaxed hairstyles, with shaved heads not uncommon
- Hair colours vary from black to blonde
- A lot of heavy focus on eye makeup
- Lips tend to be nude, and cheeks are more often orange or brown than pink
Modern Ora Ora Gyaru
Ora Ora is not often seen in modern gyaru trends and is mostly an inactive gyaru style, although there are still some gyaru who practice the style.